Ten miles across Dartmoor may seem perilous to some, but not to us! It’s in the name of Charity!
Each year, WiFi SPARK sponsor a charity and try to raise as much money as possible. Last time we ran for Michelmores 5K run supporting Macmillan Cancer. We raised over £1,300. This year, we hope to raise more than this by holding a few charity events throughout this year until August 2016.
We’ve chosen to walk across Dartmoor in October to stretch our legs and come together to support Children’s Hospice South West.
We’re planning on getting a strong team together to take on Dartmoor and the walk will be led by our Chief Operations Officer. We’ll be in CHSW sponsored T-shirts so you won’t miss us!
What’s at stake?
For those of you who are unaware of the Charity, here is some information about them which can be found on our Virgin Money page.
About Children's Hospice South West
- In 2014, they cared for 376 life-limited children at three hospices.
- They provided 7,006 bed nights for life-limited children at the three hospices.
- At Little Bridge House, they are currently supporting 136 sick children and their families.
- They are supporting 263 parents and 188 siblings at Little Bridge House alone.
- They are supporting 151 bereaved families.
How to help
WiFi SPARK will keep our Virgin Money page open until August 2016. If you would like to help us raise money for this wonderful charity you can do so by donating here.
Here is where the money goes:
- £500 could fund a remembering day when bereaved families come back to our hospice for a day of remembrance and celebration
- £775 could fund our hospice food bill for a whole week
- £1,800 could fund our annual teenage sibling weekend
- £2,500 could fund a specialist children’s nurse for one month
- £15,000 could fund one family’s support for an entire year
Help us make a difference to so many children’s lives.